Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Country Songs

I was in my car the other day when the first few bars of a familiar song comes on the radio just as I got home. It was a favorite of mine by Tim McGraw, about a cancer patient who finally realized that he had to make the most of the one chance he had at life.

“Like tomorrow was a gift and you got eternity to think about what did you do with it. What did I do with it? What would I do with it?”

So there I was, sitting in my parked car, engine off, belting out this song along with Tim. Now I don’t tear up at many songs. But sometimes if my mood is right, certain ones will do that to me. This one, like many country songs, has a simple message. It's an affirmation of living life to the fullest and pursuing what you love.

“Skydiving. Rocky Mountain climbing…”

The Rocky Mountain climbing part always gets me!

And to be honest, while this song was not directly responsible for me signing up for the Ironman, the message in this song and how that message reinforced my life philosophy, played a large role in why I will be in Arizona in November.

Do you Live Like You Were Dying?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDkWBvxHEI


No comments:

Post a Comment